From our friends at WABI Burien:
Long ago, at the north edge of Burien, there were people buildingÂ some very distinctive homes with stones and pebbles. Come with us on the AprilÂ Walk-n-Talk to marvel at these stone wonders.
In addition to walking and chatting with neighbors, one of the goals of the monthly Walk-n-Talk is to explore different neighborhoods in Burien. This month’s walk will take us into theÂ Boulevard Park and Hilltop neighborhoods (starting at Boulevard Park Library and walking past Hilltop Elementary).
- Date: Sunday, AprilÂ 3, 2014 (Rain or shine, though the fore cast is for a lovely 65 degrees.)
- Time: 2:00 meet-up. Walking starts at 2:15
- Who:Â Walkers of every level and ability, plus friendly, four-legged friends
- Place:Â Meet in front of the Boulevard Park Library,Â 12015 Roseberg Ave S, Burien, WA 98168
If you’d like to carpool from Burien Town Square, please send an email toÂ [email protected]Â to make arrangements.
- Distance: About 1.3Â miles, round trip. This is a shorter walk than usual, but there’s more of a slope to the land.
Please print out a copy of the map (below) if you’d like one as we’re walking.
- Meet in front ofÂ the Boulevard Park Library.
- Cross S. 120th St. and walk north along Roseberg Ave. S.
- See a beautiful, old brick house, a horse pasture and old farmland, and one of the 1945 Stone & Pebble Houses.
- Continue along Roseberg, then go east along S. 116th St. a couple of blocks to see the 1934 Stone Block House.
- Go back to and southbound along Military Road S. to the other 1945 Stone & Pebble House.
- Turn south along 24th Ave. S., walk by Hilltop Elementary School.
- Cut west onto S. 124th St.
- Head north on 20th Ave. S. to end up back at the Library.Â (Click the map for a larger view.)
For further information, please contact Maureen atÂ [email protected].]]>